Do you need to simplify your content and distribute information in a more relevant way? Motion design is a solution that may interest you. Definition and advantages, we explain it all to you!
Definition and interests
Motion design is a type of video that consists of setting graphic elements (texts, shapes, characters, etc.) in motion in order to make communication more dynamic. The creation of animated images, in 2D or 3D, is an excellent means of communication. Indeed, these are generally short videos that convey a message in a synthetic, playful and dynamic way.
Motion design helps to attract attention: indeed, animations are more eye-catching than a text or a frozen image.
This type of video also makes it possible to convey a message in a simple way, while entertaining the Internet user: it is a way of explaining things in a fun and simplified way that requires little concentration.
The stages of creation
The creation of a video of this type goes through several stages which we will quickly describe to you:
- The script: this involves writing a script for the video
- The storyboard: this is a kind of drawing of the video,
- Graphic design: take over the graphic chart and reinforce your identity
- Animation: assembling and setting in motion the elements of the video
- Sound design: voice-over, background music, sound effects, etc.
- Subtitles: to enable understanding of the video if the sound is not available.
We can assist you in all stages of the production of a motion design video. Here is an example of one of our productions.
To see some of our other achievements, click here!
When to choose motion design?
It is a type of video often used to simplify an explanation, make it more pleasant or to play down a context.
A motion design video can be interesting for :
- Explaining a concept
- Present a product or company
- Explain an instruction manual or make a tutorial
- Presenting figures or graphs
- Animating a logo
The use of motion design videos can give a less serious or dramatic tone to information.
It is a type of communication that is increasingly used, particularly in awareness or prevention campaigns, as we saw for example with the campaigns against the spread of the coronavirus in 2020.